Pradhan Mantri Garib kalyan rojgar abhiyan is inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi ji on 20th June, 2020 from Telihar village of Beldore block of Khagaria district of Bihar. To clear all your doubts read this complete article. This article contains the following topics;
1. What is the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
2. Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan: PM says
3. Prime Minister Poor Welfare Employment Campaign
3.1. Works provided under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
3.2. Ministries and Departments associated with the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
4. Objective of Prime Minister Poor Welfare Employment Campaign
5. Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
6. Facts of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
7. Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan Application form & Registration
8. Who are Eligible for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
9. Frequently Asked Questions.
What is the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
Finance Minister Smt. N sitharaman ji announced in the press conference along with Shri Santosh Gangwar and Hon’ble Labor and Employment Minister on June 20 to launch the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
The scheme has been started to help migrant laborers and provide employment opportunities to them. This campaign will be carried out in mission mode to help migrant laborers for 125 days in 116 districts of 6 states.
Finance Minister N. Sitharaman says that we will deliver about 25 schemes of the government to 116 districts within 125 days.
The government will bring all these schemes together under the ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan’. And we will take all the schemes to the saturation level within 125 days.
To take advantage of this scheme, the migrant laborers of the country have to apply under this scheme. About 50 thousand crores will be spent by the government under this Pradhanmantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan: PM says
In the conference held on 20th June,2020 PM Narendra Modi ji launched the “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan”.
Prime Minister launched the campaign through remote from Telihar village in Khagaria District of Bihar in presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar along with other Chief Ministers and Union Rural Development Minister.
PM Narendra Modi said, the government is making every effort so that people do not have to take loans from anyone while living in the villages during this corona pandemic crisis.
He said, the self-reliant India campaign-Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan started with the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana and within a few weeks, about 1.75 lakh crore rupees were spent on the scheme.
Also free ration and pulses have been provided to 80 crore poor people in three months.
Modi ji said, more than 10 thousand crore rupees have been transferred to 20 crore women-Jan Dhan’s accounts. And this was made possible due to the infrastructure created in the past years for the smooth transfer of money directly in the accounts of the poor people.
PM also added that, for self reliant India, self reliant farmers are equally important and by keeping this in mind, the government has abolished several discriminatory laws in the past few days. He said, now farmers can sell their produce to anyone and anywhere without any hurdle and it will empower them.
Prime Minister Poor Welfare Employment Campaign.
Works provided under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
Out of 38 districts of Bihar, 32 have been selected under this campaign. It will involve intensified and focused implementation of 25 different types of works to provide employment to the migrant workers and create infrastructure in the rural regions of the country.
Empowering migrants to be self-reliant, 25 work areas are identified for employment in villages & development of various works, and these work areas are listed below;
- Construction of Community Sanitation Centre (CSC)
- Construction of National Highway works
- Plantation works
- Construction of Rural Housing works
- Construction of Farm Pond’s
- Construction of Goat shed
- CAMPA Plantation
- District Mineral Foundation Trust ( DMFT ) works
- Construction of Gram Panchayat Bhawan
- Water Conservation and Harvesting works
- Rural Connectivity works
- Construction of Cattle Sheds
- Construction of Vermi- Compost
- PM Kusum
- PM Urja Ganga Project
- Works under 14th FC Funds
- Construction of Wells
- Construction of Anganwadi Centres
- Solid and liquid waste Management works
- Construction of Poultry Sheds
- KVK Training for Livelihood.
A total of 116 Districts with more than 25 thousand returnee migrant workers across six States, namely Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha have been chosen for the campaign which includes 27 Aspirational Districts.
Must read:- Explained National Recruitment Agency – Fact11
Ministries and Departments associated with the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan: –
- Ministries of –
Road Transport and Highways.
Drinking Water and Sanitation.
Petroleum and Natural Gas.
New and Renewable Energy.
- Department of Border Roads.
The campaign will be operationalized through the Common Service Centres and Krishi Vigyan Kendras in the districts.
Objective of Prime Minister Poor Welfare Employment Campaign.
As you all know that there is a problem of corona virus in the whole of India, due to which there is a situation of lock down in the country.
Due to this lock down, the most impact has been on the laborers of the country, who were living in other states due to laborer work, due to the closure of employment, they have been greatly affected because of lack of employment.
Lot has come to help those migrant laborers, and Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan has been started.
Through this campaign, migrant laborers coming to their homes will be provided employment opportunities and their livelihood will be improved. So that the working of reason can nurture his family. And their economic condition can be improved.
Provide livelihood opportunity to returning migrants and similarly affected rural citizens.
Saturate villages with public infrastructure and create livelihood opportunities viz. Roads, Housing, Anganwadis, Panchayat Bhavans, various livelihood assets and Community Complexes among others.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
- The scheme will provide employment to migrant laborers.
- Through this, the migration from the states will be stopped.
- Rural areas will develop.
- The economic condition of the people will be better.
- If the unemployment rate in states decreases, then per capita income will increase.
Facts of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
- The objective of this scheme is to increase livelihood opportunities in rural areas of the country and to improve the economic condition of migrant laborers who come back home.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan, the maximum benefit will be provided to the migrant laborers of rural areas.
- Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan will run for 125 days in 116 districts of 6 states of the country. Under this campaign, 125 days of work will be provided to 25 thousand laborers in 116 districts.
- The selected districts are estimated to cover about two third of such migrant workers.
- Let us tell you that about 67 lakh migrant laborers have returned in 116 districts of these 6 states. These 116 districts include 32 in Bihar, 31 in Uttar Pradesh, 24 in Madhya Pradesh, 22 in Rajasthan, 4 in Odisha and 3 in Jharkhand.
- The budget of ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan’ has been kept by the central government at Rs 50 thousand crore.
- The campaign of 125 days will be implemented on mission mode.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan Application form & Registration
Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan web portal on 26 th June via video conferencing.
The portal will provide information about the district-wise and work-wise components of the abhiyan. It will also enable monitoring of the progress and completion of the works .
For more information about Garib Kalyan Rojgar application form stay connected with us.
|Official website||Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan|
Who are Eligible for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
As you know, no information related to registration has been given yet, nor has any type of eligibility criterion been fixed. But we can expect that the applicant;
- Be a resident of the state in which he wants to work.
- Applicant must have an Aadhaar card.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
These may be criterias to be fulfilled by the applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que. What is the purpose of poor welfare employment scheme?
Ans. The purpose of this scheme is to increase livelihood opportunities in rural areas of the country and to improve the economic condition of migrant labourers.
Que. How to register under the poor welfare employment scheme?
Ans. FM sitharaman says that the people will needed to register for this scheme. On 26th June Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches a web portal for registration. Further information will be provided here.
Que. How many people will get employment through Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan?
Ans. 25 thousand people will get employment for 125days under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
Que. Where did the plan first start?
Ans. The plan first started from Telihar village of Beldore of Khagaria district of Bihar.
Recommended: Indian farmers: the real warriors.